It's not about. . .
. . . a title. That's the role an organization says you're supposed to play. And that can change in a fleeting moment.
This is about who you really are.
Why is that so important?
1. Who You Are determines How you are.
2. How You Are determines the quality and depth of your relationships.
3. The quality and depth of your relationships determine your ability to mobilize your people--workers, family, or friends--in time of need.
4. The quality of your relationships determine the breadth and depth of help you'll receive in your time of need.
5. Who You Are determines your brand while you're alive and your legacy afterward.
Take time today to build a firm foundation that won't shake and crack with the first sign of adversity.
I hope that provides at least 5 good reasons for action.
Note: I'm conducting an off-site client meeting through Friday. This article first appeared in June, 2007 and I thought it fit well with our current series here at All Things Workplace.